5 Things You Must Do in San Diego
There’s so much to do in San Diego, when you only have a few days to do it all, it can feel overwhelming! To help break it all down, we’ve made a list of the top 5 things you must do on your next visit. If you do nothing else while during your visit, do these things, and you will not be disappointed!
Eat a California Burrito
We listed this one first for a reason. The California Burrito, referred to lovingly among locals as a Cali B or just a Cali, is a San Diego invention and staple. This jumbo burrito filled with carne asada, French fries, guacamole, and cheese then topped with salsa is basically a work of art.
San Diego natives determine the quality of local Mexican taco shops based on their California burritos, and many long-standing debates continue to this day over which place is best.
Wash your Cali burrito down with a giant horchata, a sweet rice-milk drink with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla, and try not to refill your cup at least five times.
Here are our favorite Mexican spots nearby the resort:
- Clayton’s Mexican Take Out – for quick, easy eats – Coronado
- La Perla—for California burritos the size of your face—Point Loma
- Coasterra—for sit-down dining with views for days—Shelter Island
Grab a Craft Beer
There must be something in the water here because this town is chock full of local breweries. However you like your hops, we guarantee there’s a craft brew for you. Even if you’re not a beer lover, many San Diego breweries are also full-service restaurants.
Take a day and visit some of these favorite spots:
- Coronado Brewing Company – Coronado
- Mission Brewery – Downtown
- Ballast Point – Little Italy
Watch the Sunset over the Pacific
Sunsets are beautiful wherever you are, but it’s hard to top a San Diego one. Elevate your experience by going to these local favorite spots:
- Sunset Cliffs
- Centennial Park
- The rooftop deck of the Coronado Beach Resort!
Hit a Farmers Market
Feast your senses at one of the many farmers markets throughout San Diego where you can enjoy artisanal cheeses, fresh-cut flowers, and live music. Take your finds back to your condo and impress your friends by whipping up something delicious in your fully-stocked kitchen!
- Coronado Certified Farmers Market – Tuesdays from 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Little Italy Mercato – Saturdays from 8 am – 2 pm
- Oceanside Certified Farmers Market– Thursdays from 9 am – 1 pm
Ride the Coaster
We know that while on vacation, sometimes the last thing you want to do is drive. So hop onboard the COASTER, and let the train do the work for you. It’s accessible and affordable to ride, not to mention the coastal views along the way are a treat in themselves.
We recommend the following itinerary:
- Hop off at Encinitas to stroll through the gorgeous San Diego Botanical Garden.
- Head over to the Carlsbad Village to check out the shops, restaurants, and beaches.
- Visit the Flower Fields in Carlsbad when they’re in bloom in the spring.
Be sure to check the Coaster website for the train schedule.